Thank you for your interest with the Geneseo Police Department. We are currently accepting Lateral Applications until 4:00 pm on Friday, April 23. Please click on the link below to fill out the application.
**LATERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS**
- Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a certified full time police officer; and
- Previous continuous service as a Police Officer for a minimum of two years; and
- In good standing in the Police Department in which the person currently serves or separated from with no adverse employment action; and
- Eligible to be granted a waiver of basic training from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Must pass oral examination/interview, psychological, polygraph, medical and background checks.