Thank you for your interest with the Geneseo Police Department. We are currently revising our Lateral Hire List as well as our New Hire List for Police Officers. Please click on the link below to fill out an application. New Hires (applicants who have not attended any academy or officers who have less than two continuous full time years in as a police officer) will be contacted and given a new hire packet when their application has been received.
Applications for Lateral Hires and New Hires will close on Friday, October 2, 2020 at 4 p.m.
**NEW RECRUIT QUALIFICATIONS**
- Age not less than 21 years old.
- Age not more than 35 years old unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act.
- Citizen of the United States.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must pass Physical Aptitude, Written, Oral, Psychological, Polygraph and Medical Exams and a Background check
**LATERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS**
- Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a certified full time police officer; and
- Previous continuous service as a Police Officer for a minimum of two years; and
- In good standing in the Police Department in which the person currently serves or separated from with no adverse employment action; and
- Eligible to be granted a waiver of basic training from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Must pass oral examination/interview, psychological, polygraph, medical and background checks.